Jeff Paterson isn’t one to sit idly while others around him work. He’s a doer. He wants to get involved. When there’s a just cause, he’s there.
After coming to sasi a year and a half ago, he has dived into every aspect of the organization and made it his personal mission to advocate for the people we support and our staff. Beyond his sasi work, however, he has heavily involved himself in state and regional issues related to our support of people with developmental disabilities.
In the past year, Jeff has been:
- Elected for a 2-year term as treasurer of the Developmental Disabilities Alliance of Western New York (DDAWNY).
- Reappointed as chair of DDAWNY’s Government Affairs Committee for 2024.
- Re-elected for another 2-year term on the Board of Directors of New York Disability Advocates, our statewide advocacy organization.
- Elected to the Board of Managers of Person Centered Services Care Coordination Organization for 2024.
- Appointed by Governor Hochul and confirmed by the NYS Senate to the Niagara Frontier State Park, Recreation and Historic Preservation Commission.
He is also joining the Nominating Committee for the New York Alliance for Inclusion and Innovation.
That may seem like a daunting schedule, but it is a challenge Jeff said he is eager to tackle.
“It’s my responsibility to use the platform I have to advocate for the people we support and the staff who provide those supports,” Jeff said. “There’s no point in being a leader if you don’t lead!”